Is it true that at release 9.2.1, Object Management Workbench (OMW) preserved a history of source code as the code is changed and promoted? If so, can I get some information about this?
When you check-in an object or promote an object through OMW, apply an ESU, perform a package build, you will create history records. You can export different versions of objects to restore and compare using ER Compare. You use the Work with Repository History (P98780H) application to manage the object history records. You can track the history of the following objects:
Business Function (BSFN) (for both NER and C business function) Table (TBLE) Business View (BSVW) Batch Application (UBE) Batch Version (UBEVER) Interactive Application (APPL) Data Structure (DSTR) (for both Processing Option data structure and Business Function data structure) Media Object Structure (GT) Business Services (BSSV) For UDO, use P98700H. Previous version of UDO can be retrieved via row exit ‘Export’ in P98700H Work with Repository History.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne utilizes the following two central object tables for object history:.
- Repository (F98780R)
- History (F98780H)
The P98780H application enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Allow user to display and view object history records in the grid in find browse form based on the table F98780H.
- Allow user set filter on object name, project name, update date and time to search history record in find/browse form.
- Allow user to change path code to find history records cross path code. Default path code is current login path code such as DV920.
- Allow user to export the objects as a par file in the history table F98780H to target location. Default location will be /specs folder in EnterpriseOne install location. You can use ER compare tool to compare the par file with target par file.
- Allow user to update comments field after select the record in update form. all other fields are disabled except comment field.
- Allow user to delete grid records with single selection or multiple selection.
The central object archive (.par) files are maintained in the Repository (F98700R) table. A copy of each archive file is inserted into the History (F98700H) table for object comparison, exporting, and restoring.
To access the Work with Repository History application (P98780H):
1. Enter P98780H in the Fast Path (Note…. P98780H can only be run from the development fat client)
2. Click Find
3. You filter search results by entering criteria for Object Name, Project Name, Path code, or a date range. You can add comments by selecting an object history record and entering text in the comment field. You export history records in-order to compare with a different version of the object.
NOTE: The Project Name column (F98780H.AHOMWPRJID) in P98780H will show the OMW Project Name for OMW Check-in and Promotion actions only. Else the Project Name column will show the ESU name when ESU is applied or the Package Name when a package is built.
To export a history record:
1. Enter P98780H in the Fast Path
2. Click Find
3. Select a history record
4. Click Export form the Row menu Exporting a history record allows you to save a .par file of the object. The .par file can be used for comparing different versions of the object and restoring to the same or different pathcode.
Categories: JD Edwards